What do you when St. Patrick's Day is over and the green begins to disappear? Keep the music going with the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast of course. We're still here each and every Thursday with the best indie Celtic music from Burning Bridget Cleary, Flashpoint, John Byrne Band, Jonathan Milton, Alizbar & Ann' Sannat, The Persephone Pickers, Karan Casey, Mithril Duo, West of Eden, Cliudan, The Mighty Regis, LQR, Tuatha Dea, The Whiskeydicks, The Tea Merchants.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help us decide where to go in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Each week, 149 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. There's a new Milestone posted. In the meantime, our next feature is two hours of Celtic music from Canada on April 7th. You can Become a Patron of the Podcast. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Scarlett Letter and Peter.
* I'm sure you're all waiting to hear about the St. Patrick's Day promotion we did. The event was a huge success insofar as we receive a TON of great feedback, ratings and reviews on iTunes. In fact, we now have 537, mostly 5 star reviews of the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. Sadly, we did not hit #1 on the iTunes Podcast Music charts. But I have some good theories as to why that was, and as always, I learned a lot. I hope to do better on a later date. In fact, I'm brainstorming other Celtic music promotions in the months to come. So stay tuned.
* Poll: Vote for your favorite episodes?
* If you want more Celtic Music News, then head on over to our Facebook page. Each Thursday, the day this show is released, I plan to share Celtic Music News from bands using Facebook Live. I will go on around 9am CST and talk about the bands and some of the latest news that is not shared in this show. If you miss the live stream, fear not, the video will be saved to the Facebook page. Go to facebook.com/celticpodcast to subscribe.
* Why yes, we do have t-shirts. The 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts are now available in our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine to save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Nebraska Outback wrote on iTunes: “I have been enjoying Marc Gunn's podcast for more than five years, and it only keeps getting better! He consistently finds great new music, discovers incredible new artists and delivers a solid education in Celtic heritage.”
BoogieMomATX wrote on iTunes: “I have discovered so many great Celtic artsts and many of the episodes I play over and over again!”
Celtic Nic wrote on iTunes: “Marc Gunn where have you been all my life!? Seriously! I have been looking for a show like yours and I don't know how I haven't found you until now. Thank you for filling my Irish soul with the sound I've been searching for. Keep up the great work!”
Farming game fanatic wrote on iTunes: “Marc's podcast is a gem. I look forward to each week's new episode. Thanks to Marc I can listen to great Celtic music for days straigh (and I do) without repeating an episode.”
Walker Lee Willis shared a picture listening to Irish & Celtic Music Podcast on a trip to Grandpa's!
Angela Connolly is not only a patron, she listens while taking care of her newborn son, Lyndon Cashel, who is all decked out in green for St. Patrick's Day.
This Week in Celtic Music
0:34 “Scones of Boxty” by Burning Bridget Cleary from These Are The Days
6:12 “Kerfeunteun Jig/Tatter Jack Walsh/Old Favorite” by Flashpoint from Jammed
10:51 “Betsy Ross Bridge” by John Byrne Band from The Immigrant and the Orphan
14:52 “@Jackie_Dot” by Jonathan Milton from Just One More…
18:14 “Sleepy Maggie” by Alizbar & Ann' Sannat from Welcome to the Morning
21:23 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
23:26 “Settlers Shindig” by The Persephone Pickers from Sounds of the Verse
26:27 “Buile Mo Chroi” by Karan Casey from The Winds Begin to Sing
30:38 “Maids of Mitchelstown” by Mithril Duo from Bottom of the Punch Bowl
34:00 “On She Goes” by West of Eden from Safe Crossing
37:56 “Jonny Don't Go” by Cliudan from Anymore
42:02 CELTIC FEEDBACK
44:02 “Murphy's Broken Heart” by The Mighty Regis from County Sligo
47:55 “Misery Loves Company” by LQR from 10 Pinter
50:13 “Hum and Shiver” by Tuatha Dea from Tufa Tales: Appalachian Fae
54:30 “The Only Traitor” by The Whiskeydicks from Time Distortion
59:26 “Alice's Reel” by The Tea Merchants from One Lump Or Two?
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.