There's a lot of great Celtic music in Canada. Today, I want to introduce you to some of the hottest indie Celtic bands to cross the Canadian border to be heard around the globe with awesome Celtic music from The Fretless, NUA, Coole Park, Bonhomme Setter, Duncan Cameron, Kailyarders, Dust Rhinos, Sora, Chrissy Crowley, Madd Paddy, Jesse Ferguson, Rant Maggie Rant, The Irish Rovers, The Rolling Kings, Gillian Boucher, Bodh'aktan, The Malarkeys, Heather Dale, The Sheridan Band, Oona McOuat, Cod Gone Wild, Brad Reid, The Mudmen, Bang on the Ear, Keelhaul, Searson, Ennis, Hawp.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Today's show is brought to you by Patrons of the Podcast
Every successful podcast requires a lot of time, and money. I spend many hours searching for new bands, picking music, recording, and even advertising shows. Thankfully, 150 kind and generous Celtic music fans pledge $1 or more per episode to cover the costs of producing this podcast.
Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode. We hit a Milestone in February which is why you're getting 2-hours of Celtic Canadain music today. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will feature 2-hours of Celtic Women.
* Each week, 150 people pledge $1 or more per episode to help pay for the production of the podcast. Whenever we hit a Milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic music. You can Become a Patrons of the Podcast and help us hit the next Milestone which will feature 2-hours of Celtic Women.
Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Dave and Patrick
Huge shoutout to our Celtic Superstars: Peter Tilghman, Bryan Brake, Chris, Ockham's Razor, John Sharkey White, II, Theresa Sullivan, Brendan Nix, John Bilderback, Rian P Kegerreis, samual hill, Johnny Berry, Shawn Cali
* With the demise of Live365 at the end of January, Celtic Roots Radio moved to a new home online. You can still listen 24/7 at http://celticrootsradio.fastcast4u.com. Find details at http://www.celticrootsradio.com/
* This week, I launched the New Celtic CDs show on Facebook. This is a short, 3-5-minute or so Facebook Live event where I share what new Celtic CDs were released in the past week. My goal is to do the show on Mondays. But I'm not yet sure of the time. You can subscribe to my Facebook Live feeds on Facebook. If you miss the live stream, fear not, the video will be saved to the Facebook page. Go to facebook.com/celticpodcast to subscribe. And of course, I will still be doing a second show to highlight bands in the latest episode on Thursdays.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can email a written comment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a picture of what you're doing while listening to this podcast, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Steve Rausch sent in a voicemail.
John from Northeastern Ohio sent a voicemail.
Becky Collier emailed: “I've had the app a few weeks & just now starting to listen & enjoy. It's great! Thanks for what you do.
I'm not really sure how this works…you ask for at least $1 per episode…so how is it to be paid? I probably missed something…lol.”
Stephen Warta sent a picture and an email: “I have listened to your podcast on and off for the last 5 or so years. I always loved Celtic music and your podcast makes it really easy to hear a great variety of music that is hard to find otherwise. I have been traveling in South America for the past three months, and your podcasts provide awesome tunes for the long, lonely roads. Attached is me over looking Ushuaia and the Strait of Megellan in the southern end of Argentina. I was listening to “2 Hours of Celtic Fiddle Music” while climbing that mountain. Thanks for all you do.”
This Week in Celtic Music
0:43 “Dirty Harry” by The Fretless from The Fretless
Vancouver, British Colombia
5:33 “Happy Cammy Drammy Birthday” by NUA from BOLD
9:27 “Lower the Sails” by Coole Park from Water Journeys
13:27 “Man of the House” by Bonhomme Setter from Obia
18:19 “The Mickey Dam” by Duncan Cameron from The Whistling Thief
22:13 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
23:12 “Maritime Girl” by Kailyarders from King of the Jolly
White Rock, B.C
26:22 “Rocky Road to Dublin” by Dust Rhinos from I Should Behave
31:29 “Piper” by Sora from Scorpion Moon
35:24 “Stepdance Set” by Chrissy Crowley from Last Night's Fun
38:24 “The Roving Journeyman” by Madd Paddy from Arrived
44:16 “Byker Hill” by Jesse Ferguson from The Butcher Boy
48:15 “Mayor Harrisons Set” by Rant Maggie Rant from Rant Maggie Rant
58:13 “All For Me Grog” by The Irish Rovers from Drunken Sailor
1:02:25 “P Stands for Paddy” by The Rolling Kings from Raise a Class
St. John's, Newfoundland
1:05:48 “Lorraine's Dream” by Gillian Boucher from Elemental
Broad Cove (Inverness Co.), Nova Scotia
1:10:16 “Du Rhum, Des Femmes” by Bodh'aktan from Au diable les remords
1:12:41 “The Old Wild Boar” by The Malarkeys from Bloody Brillaint
1:16:00 “Health to the Company” by Heather Dale from My Celtic Heart
1:21:47 “Run Around With Me” by The Sheridan Band from No Bar's Too Far
St Thomas, Ontario
1:25:40 “This Is A Prayer” by Oona McOuat from Honey & Holy Water
Salt Spring Island, British Columbia
1:31:06 “Black and Tans” by Cod Gone Wild from Cod Gone Wild
1:34:38 “The Lame Duck” by Brad Reid from The Conunundrum
1:37:54 “Dirty Old Town” by The Mudmen from The High Road
1:42:38 CELTIC FEEDBACK
1:46:44 “Donkey Riding” by Bang on the Ear from Pubs, Pints & Pipes
Glengarry County, Ontario
1:49:13 “Skipping to Dublin” by Keelhaul from A Maritime Tradition
1:51:36 “Friday Night” by Searson from Live
Ottawa Valley, Ontario
1:54:55 “Sing You Home” by Ennis from Lessons Learned
St John's Newfoundland
2:00:47 “The Shieldhill Lady” by Hawp from Storm and Calm
Canning, Nova Scotia
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.