When you're down and out, the weather's bad, or your just not in the mood to face another day of work, there's nothing like Celtic music to lift you up. So let today's show get deep inside you and rescue from the monotony of the world with indie Irish and Celtic music from We Banjo 3, Kennedy's Kitchen, Bow Triplets, Mabon, The Secret Commonwealth, New Shilling, Dave Wilson and Willie B., Culann's Hounds, Dun Aengus, Clan of Celts, Steel Clover, River Drivers, Syr, Colleen Raney.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Vote once for each episode and you can help me create next year's Best Celtic music of 2016 episode.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. You can help me decide where we are going in 2017. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Helping you celebrate Celtic culture through music.
* I want to thank each and everyone of the Patrons of the Podcast for your kind and generous support of this show. Your pledge of $1 or more per episode covers the cost of producing the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast including: web hosting, advertising, technical support, and buying new music. It also pays for my time in producing the show. AND I donate 10% of your pledges to Celtic Non-Profits. We're doing works thanks to you.
Whenever we hit a milestone, you get an extra-long episode of Celtic Music. The next will bring you two-hours of Celtic Women. Special thanks to our Celtic Superstars who pledge $10 per episode: Peter Tilghman, Bryan Brake, Chris, John Sharkey White II, Theresa Sullivan, Brendan Nix, John Bilderback, Rian P Kegerreis, Johnny Berry, and Shawn Cali. You are absolutely amazing.
Become a Patrons of the Podcast today. Because we are celebrating Celtic culture through music together.
*If you enjoy the music in this show, then you might also enjoy our Facebook Live video shows. The New Celtic CDs show is broadcast on Fridays and the Celtic Music News takes place on Mondays. Each show is between 3-5 minutes and if you miss the live broadcast, you can watch a replay on our Facebook page. Normally, the shows will be at 2pm. But this Friday, I'll have to do the New Celtic CDs show around 8:30 am.
* I'm performing an internet concert on Concert Window tonite, Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8pm. It's pay-what-you-want. So just make any donation to watch and enjoy Irish Drinking Songs with me.
* You can get your very own 2016 Irish & Celtic Music Podcast t-shirts through our Celtic Music Store. Follow the link in the shownotes, or better yet, follow the link in the Celtic Music Magazine, when you subsribe and you'll save 10%. And if you already have a shirt. Take a picture and send it in.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? You can send a written comment along with a picture of what you're doing while listening, or from one of your trips to one of the Celtic nations.
Anne wrote in the shownotes: “I am only part Irish but [this] is better than the songs that are out right now. I am listening to this while working in the yard.”
tinac1 wrote in itunes: “A great way to hear Irish and Scottish music from new and independent bands. I've purchased music from many of the musicians I learned about from this podcast. The quality and variety is terrific.”
Gilad Etkes emailed photos: “I live in the negev desert in Israel. Love your podcast. Listening during my running in rural areas. Here are some photos from the landscape while listening.”
This Week in Celtic Music
0:26 “The Bunch of Green Rushes/Salt Creek” by We Banjo 3 from Gather the Good
4:58 “Blackberry Blossom/The Drunken Landlady” by Kennedy's Kitchen from The Birds Upon the Trees
8:17 “Past the Point of Rescue” by Bow Triplets from Secret Signs
11:35 “File Under Biddley” by Mabon from OK Pewter
19:36 “Dubhachas (I'll Dream of Times Like This)” by The Secret Commonwealth from Last Call
23:46 CELTIC MUSIC NEWS
25:42 “Amanda Lynn/Ponerosa Cone Chucker/Bridgewater Corners” by New Shilling from Irishtown Sessions
30:20 “Down from Newfoundland” by Dave Wilson and Willie B. from Far From Home
33:44 “The Carlow Set: Monaghan Twig/O'neill's March/Follow Me Up to Carlow/Brian” by Culann's Hounds from Year of the Dog
39:41 “The Banks of the Roses” by Dun Aengus from Fortified
42:14 CELTIC FEEDBACK
43:11 “Please Don't Send Me Home” by Clan of Celts from Single
47:18 “Rocky Road to Dublin” by Steel Clover from In the Celtic Spirit
49:08 “Cumann na mBan” by River Drivers from Single
52:22 “I Drove My Father to Drink” by Syr from Home
56:40 “Stand Up for Love” by Colleen Raney from Here This Is Home
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.