In this episode, I explore the first Celtic Christmas songs that were written. It turns out there's a rich history that supersedes “Christmas in Killarney” by centuries. However, that song that I first heard recorded by Bing Crosby is still a favorite of mine.
Celtic Christmas Notes
- Rate the Podcast on iTunes
- The first Celtic Christmas song is “Wexford Carol” from Wexford, Ireland
- “Christmas in Killarney” from Celtic Christmas Greetings + Cards
- Samantha Gillogly has a great Celtic Christmas tradition
- Pickup her album of Celtic Chamber Music here.
- She recorded on Don't Go Drinking With Hobbits and The Bridge
- Celtic Christmas Music
- Celtic Christmas Podcast
- Do you have your own Celtic Christmas traditions?